Saturday, October 14, 2006

How did moving become so difficult?

I have had T-Mobile for almost two years. I have had absolutely no problems in Fresno. I have been in San Francisco for 8 days. Calls get dropped everyday. I find out today that I went 400 over my allowed minutes resulting in a $160 charge and a temporary shut down on my phone. I have no day time minutes until June 27th, except for the 100 minute bonus the awesome technician gave me. So I have come to this conclusion. No one is calling me, texting me, even thinking about me between the hours of 6am and 9pm on weekdays until June 27th.

Also. I sorted out my PG&E and AT&T the week before I moved. I told them to move my account to SF so that I didn't have to pay deposits or anything. PG&E, stellar job. No problem. AT&T, miniature problem. First time I called, I was told my building didn't exist, at this point, I was just calling to check that I could change the address if I needed to. Big panic, do I need to change to Comcast? I call again to see what's the deal, technician finds the new building no problem. Great. Phone service will transfer the 12th and DSL will transfer the 16th. No problem. Oh wait. The gracious previous resident ripped the jack out of the fucking wall. Hmm. The phone doesn't work.

Wednesday. Call the landlord. "No problem, I'll come take a look tomorrow after 6pm", great. 7pm he shows up, "Yup, I'll get you a new phone jack, bring it tomorrow and fix it, same time". Next day. No landlord. Next day. Still no landlord. Get a the number from the neighbor and call him Saturday. "No problem, be right there." Landlord shows, up, fixes phone, works great. Check e-mail, says DSL won't be in until 21st. Huh? Hook up computer, DSL works! Score.

Monday. Where'd the DSL go? Call AT&T, "Order says no DSL until 21st, don't know why you had it for two wonderful days, sucks to be you!" (not really, but that's how I felt). Have been using dial up the past two days. I don't know how I'm going to survive until tomorrow.

Oh yeah, school. School's great. First class had 5 students including me, really great for getting to know each other. Second class....hmm...philosophy... not quite my forte. And I found out I can't eat before that class because if I do, I'll fall asleep indefinately. San Francisco's nice, not as great as Fresno to be quite honest. I really miss not seeing a crackhead every few minutes. But at least there's great stores here. I went shopping today after class, loved it, bought some cute bowls and shirts.

Happy week to you all. Keep myspacing, it's the only way I keep track.

P.S.

I actually really like my landlord. He's super nice. But he owns alot of buildings, so he kinda forgets me sometimes.

No comments: