Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh...the mmorpgs!!

So I was over at W's this past weekend and he has gotten me hooked on this new mmorpg that's in beta mode right now, free to download and free to play, sounds too good to be true right? So far I'm seeing more pros than cons in this game so for the moment, it's not too good to be true...yet.

But I have to say, I enjoyed the game for the first four hours I played it over the weekend, and now that I'm home on my laptop, I'm still in the process of downloading it (96% woohoo! Almost there!) The game it pretty simple, based on "kung fu" styles, heavy Chinese/Japanese influences, with clans, daggers and fighting wheels. Oh yeah, and a shitload of chimeras walking around hissing.

The only problems so far is that navigating with the camera is a little hard, but you know, that could just be my picky need to view from a certain angle as my character turns while running through the terrain. Also, you can't use the arrow keys to move, it's all mouse clicking unless you've got lightfoot (speedy running), I guess I got spoiled with CoH with the whole navigating with my arrow keys, which I loved. And the last...I forgot. I had one that didn't have to do with navigating but I forget. Oh...the advertising. Whenever you enter a new place, there's a little billboard ad for Acclaim (the parent co.) which I'm sure will branch out into other ads for other companies, but W is assuming this is why the game will be free once it's out of beta. There are only two servers, one for U.S. and one for Europe, which sucks because on the weekends the U.S. servers pretty damn crowded and laggy.

I'll be back soon with more updates and screen shots, for now, the download's complete and I'm off to play!

Note: Winzip is still opening up the stupid zipped file, and I wanted to just say how annoyed I am sometimes at the posting on this blog. I'll admit I am anal about a few things, and one of them is my paragraph spacing. To properly emote how I am speaking and for better clarity of separation of topics, I use paragraph spacing, and it just pisses me off sometimes because it just doesn't work and I have to go back, sometimes as much as four or five times to try and change the spacing to make sure it's the way I want it. I just want it right! Ugh!

Another Note: It's the next day!!!! And this stupid thing still isn't working. I have now switched to html and this is ridiculous, there is a billion div align="left" functions but they're obviously not doing anything except assigning non existant text to left! UGH!

Yet Another Note: My brain, oh my brain is about ready to explode. This is driving me insane.
The Last Note: Okay, it's now the next next day and I've fixed the problem, stepped back, calmed down, I think I can properly function in society without standing there pulling out my hair and screaming a'la Turk from Scrubs:

No comments: