Saturday, February 10, 2007

Happy New Year! Love, SF Chinatown

I'm not a very good partially-Chinese person. I didn't even know Chinese New Year was next week! A friend and I decided to go and explore Chinatown, of course we picked one of the first few days in a downpour to go walking. Okay, it wasn't so much a downpour as a constant and annoying sprinkle. So it's Chinese New Year so the city (I guess) closed down many of the streets all the stores and restaurants and private business owners have set up booths, with stages every so often for performers. We ventured up Grant St. found a place to eat, I had duck over rice, her duck over noodles, and then we skedaddled back to Union Square because the rain was really getting to be a pain. Great fun.


A view of booths, umbrellas and rain.

Southwest wishes you a Happy Chinese New Year!


I can't believe how many people there are, guess the rain doesn't stop anything from happening here.


A man in a white tux rocking out on his Chinese violin. Classic.

1 comment:

Candidette said...

I love chinatowns everywhere!!
I don't know why. it's a thing.