Thursday, March 01, 2007

Top Design


I know, I know, I said I wouldn't watch it, I said it was a horrible show, and that it completely misrepresents what I'm going to be doing with life. Well I watched it last night, a marathon actually, and I have to say: It is still a horrible show.

Oh the horror, the absolute horror. I was sitting in the living room, playing 9Dragons and my sister was flipping between American Idol and Top Design.

1. Dear American Idol, stop. Just, please, stop. Love, Asha.

2. I watched (parts of) the "kid" challenge, the "cabana" challenge and the "garage sale" challenge. The garage sale challenge was the latest one and I have to say, I have made my conclusions about all parties involved, especially the show as a whole. And I have to say...the show makes me angry. When the next show starts after Top Design, I am fully, fully frustrated with the decision that was made for the winner (judges, producers, whoever you suck for picking Carissa) aaand that certain people were allowed to stay.

Top Design has basically become the Carissa show because she's a bitch that everyone hates and gets frustrated with everyone, blah blah blah. Usually you love to hate the bitch (i.e. Janice Dickinson), but now, here, the bitch(es) are all hated by me, thoroughly for wasting space and time and taking the limelight away from the true stars, which I'm sure Bravo will kick off the show because they don't cause enough drama. It makes me want to swear off reality T.V. which (of course) I'm not going to do because if I stopped watching reality T.V. I would basically watch Scrubs and Family Guy exclusively.

Anyway, I won't recap the episode because you can go to another site for that and they'll do a much better, much more thorough job of it, but I will vent my conclusions upon you and discuss only the contenstants that made me particularly mad, because this is my blog, muaha!


Matt
Your room was beautiful, I cannot believe that you did not all out win this challenge. Sophisticated, not garage sale at all and everything your client wanted, the judges, producers, powers-that-be at Bravo are completely on crack for not picking you.




Ryan
Leave. Please just leave this competition. You do not deserve to be there, you are an installation artist, not an interior designer, go do art since you obviously have no respect for interior design you should go do something you won't look down upon and think that it's "easy" while your artwork is on a "deeper level". Despite the face that the title is "Top Design" there is an interiors slant here fucker, and you my man, are not an interiors person. You make me mad.



Carissa

You're horrible. Your room was not good. You had nice individual pieces but the room as a whole was barren. You ignored your clients request for lots of storage. You did not deserve to win.

We'll just have to wait and see if I'm stupid enough to watch another episode, after which I will blog, completely angry at the world for allowing this horror to continue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i had no clue there was a show about interior designers... and i'm sorry you hate it, but look at the picture at the top with all the contestants, the first guy on the left (yellowish shirt) TOTALLY looks like this guy i went to high school with... is his name Will!?

also, i like the one you liked the best too. lol. you ARE a great designer.

Asha said...

The first guy on the left is Goil from Thailand, he's on my myspace friendlist. I love him, he's totally my favorite out of all of them.