Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This one's for me!

So for the last few (hundred) posts I've been either posting about Moo, pet store visits, or trinkets of non-information that I'm sure fascinates everyone. Well I figured it was time to talk about what's happening with me, because lets face it, life without me is so incredibly boring? Si? No? Well fuck you.

First on the list, (there's a list folks, get ready for a long one) I have been eviscerated by my cat. Yes, I know this is just like a Moo post, but its about my pain and suffering, not Moo's joyous life away from the SPCA, and yes, the sweet lovable lets-bat-this-bottle-cap-around Moo attacked me yesterday with full body force and I have the scabs -I'll spare you pictures- to prove it, but let's get this straight, she isn't a horrible cat, I just play rough and she gets really into it. Moo and I play wrestle daily, basically because I get bored waving a stick with string attached to it, and if I'm not into it, Moo's not into it. So I get on the floor and start tickling her belly, she rolls over, and starts grabbing with front paws, then kicking with back paw, then chomping with fangs. This goes on for a while, me letting her kick then overpowering her with a (cat) body flip. Well after a few bouts of this Moo gets into real fighting mode and starts stalking and then full run, jump and clamp with all claws and teeth on my shoulder and arm. That's when it gets scary because despite her hilarious attempts at hiding herself, she's very good at catching me off guard, and let me tell you people, I signed a waiver saying I wouldn't declaw her, but damn those claws her like a bitch.

Next. I am addicted to Starbursts at the mo'. I bought some during my break from 8 to 6 class day and have basically been slowly consuming piece by the piece the whole damn thing. Even when I put one in my mouth (the red one) and think "Oh, oh, oh, that tastes weird." I keep going, with no regard to color, I just eat, eat, eat. It's really sad, and you know, I like other fruit chews besides Starburst much more, but that's the one they had in the vending machine. I usually like the ones that don't have flavours persay, but more "color" oriented pieces. Like green, purple, orange, yellow instead of apple, grape, orange (hehe), and banana. Makes it more of an adventure (not so much the orange, but the other yes), what will it taste like? What can I compare it to? Takes me back to Dave Chapelle and his Sunny-D/Purple stuff bit. Good times, good times.

Now I know, this is going to be completely superficial point I'm about to make, but let's face it, I'm at my superficial peak here, I just spent a paragraph on fruit chews, I got bangs over the weekend. No, it's not an STD and no, it's not slag for getting beat up, I got the thing, on the forehead, with the hair? Fringe, bangs, Moe head, whatever you want to call it, I got it, for the first time in my life, to cover my forehead. And it was nice. Just nice, because she didn't really cut it even and I had to go back to get her to cut some more off, and I was constantly messing with it, because, hey, it's this big hairball on my forehead poking me in the eye (pre-2nd cut) and then a brush of hair just above my eyeline (post-2nd cut). It took me a while to get used to it, and I'm still getting used to the amount of preparation that goes into it, I have yet to buy gel because I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to put up with these bangs, I've been using vaseline to style. I mean, by 4PM, they're pinned up because I just can't stand the feeling, and I keep wanting to bang my hand against my forehead. I mean, maybe I need longer bangs that I can sweep to the side, maybe I don't need bangs at all, but I figured I may as well give it a try, since nows the time to experiment with hair. I'll probably never get to shave my head bald and let it grow out, so this is the next best "crazy" thing I can do.

And you know, some websites are just too pretty, (not the best link, but really, it's a blog of random thoughts people, be a little more open minded) and it just makes me sad upset/sad because I want my blog to be artsy and pretty, with creams and subtle colors that make you go "Ahhhh, this lady knows what she's talking about, she's not talking about colored fruit chews out of her ass, she means business." I mean, I use the blog template, I diddled with the image so I got one of myself in there, but that's the extent of my knowledge, all the code, it just takes too much time to sort through, I have no patience and definately no coding skills. So I guess I should really take a class in html or web design, either that or go shag someone that knows it already. Wait, wait - I take that back, a pretty website definitely isn't worth a shag, especially since W and I have firmly discussed waiting and I'm pretty sure sex for programming violates that agreement.

And speaking of pretty websites, I was looking at the blog of a high school friend/classmate, and she was talking about (totally gonna steal your topic here candidette, sorry!) high school love, and it really made me think back to the days love in high school, or lack there of really. I was the crush-o-maniac, any guy that was remotely cute, I had a crush on them. Oh that guy over there? Yeah (rubbing knuckles on collarbone), crushed on him too. One at the time of course, I'm no crush-slut. And now that I look back on the days of forlorned crushes, and that nearmiss, I actually look back happily with satisfaction. I mean it sucked ass that I never had anyone "like-like" me back, which by the way, totally freaks me out when I say that, it's like I'm transported back into middle school at Patana asking "Do you like him or do you like-like him????", butterflies in my stomach thinking about how ridiculous it sounds. Anyway, back to.......yes, life being shit because I never had a boyfriend. I mean, it was weird with all these people sucking face next to me, and I just kind of stood there, wriggling my fingers making sure I didn't stare at them and their travelling exhibition of tongue wrestling, and wondered if I would ever, ever have that myself. And now I do of course, and life is happy and wonderful, tra-la-la, but I look back and I'm so filled with satisfaction, because part of the guys I crushed on had horrible taste in women, and the other part were pot smoking drunkards and underaged patrons of the oldest profession in the world. Hmm, lovely. And the rest, well they turned out to be nice guys, what else can I say?

And of course, looking back on it all, I thought that the lack of high school experience would get to me, while everyone can laugh about their high school trysts, all I have to show for high school was a bad haircut and that I beat SouthPark Super Mario Bros. that Sura or Chaiwat downloaded onto the school computer. But really, and this is another step in my development towards normalcy, I need to let all that stuff go, because I cling onto this stuff like crazy on my cat, and it's starting to eat away at my life now, and my happiness now. And I am happy now, doing things I want to do, loving people I want to love, I don't know how long that's going to last so I really should live life for what it is now, instead of what it once was.

Goodnight all, may your dreams be happy and your days be sublime.

No comments: