Friday, June 22, 2007

Yeeaaaah....

You know, leaving home in San Francisco just wouldn't be the same if I didn't encounter a crazy at least once during that outing. Yeah.

But this story does start today, it actually started a few months ago. I was on the MUNI when a man gets on the bus with a backpack, fold-up stool and a wall-hung shelf system made of basketweave. The shelf and stool took up one seat and he took up the other. Another man got on and wanted to sit the seat the first man wasn't occupying, but the firstie couldn't move the stuff because, well, the stuff didn't have anywhere else to go. Secondy then starts yelling at firstie about how he's done so much for this country and we're all supposed to help each other out. Firstie yells back that he can't do anything about his stuff. More yelling ensues and secondy moves down, behind firstie and stands there muttering under his breath and gesturing angrily at firsty. A few blocks down secondy moves to the rear of the bus away from firstie. A few more blocks down, secondy moves back up before he gets off the bus and again starts irritatedly muttering to firstie, at which point firstie yells back. Secondy gestures and gets off.

The point is, today I sat down next to firstie. And he still had his stool. And he reeked of alcohol. He saw my drawing board and asked me if I was an artist. I said yes. He then went on a sporadic monologue, and by sporadic I mean he would say something, stop, wait five or ten minutes and then say something else as if I was continuing the conversation, which I wasn't. He also had a very high pitched voice that was slightly Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley, slightly serial killer. What did he talk about you ask? About how people get angry at him for video taping them. Which I understand, I mean, who knows what he plans to do with that video? And then he kept talking about how great it would have been if in the 1800's everyone had a camera and took video of the earthquake, or how life was back then. He also talked about how that's what he's doing now. Uh-huh.

In other news, I spend the day drawing nudies and going to a meeting to prepare for my midpoint review/thesis proposal presentation. To the say the least I'm nervous. Not about the naked people, but about the presenataion. I'm so scared that I won't get a pass, what if my project isn't big enough? What if they don't think it's good enough and I have to rework or get a new project? I've been looking, everyone's doing hotels, big things, but I know that if I do a huge deal like that, the quality of my work will suffer since I will have so much stuff to do. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get the earliest presentation date and get it over and done with. As for the naked people, that figure drawing class turned out great, two models, got to draw not only the man, but the woman too, and got some great drawings done. Some point I'll take pictures or scan them and share some breasteses with you.

Later.

No comments: