Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Interim

Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."
-Joe Fox of "You've Got Mail"-
.
I was looking through some old stuff online, and I noticed this quite that I had put up years ago as a favorite. I still love it, and I still love the movie, and I always wondered whether I would ever have a relationship like that, cute, smart and movie-funny. Granted, I doubt these types of relationships exist in the 24/7-always-witty-and-wonderful sort of way. I love being at home, seeing all the sights that I saw and took for granted as a child, but coming back to Thailand always feels like I'm putting my real life on hold, which can be good and bad. When life's on hold, I can't deal with anything from that life until I'm back in it, so I'm finding things like plans for my thesis being put on the back burner because I can't find the strength or brain power to deal with it right now. I wish I had this movie here so I could watch it... I has never failed to put in a good mood, and be positive and happy. The Manhattan scenery is just too beautiful to be sad about.

No comments: