Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Windy & Weird

So...Yesterday was kind of a weird one. It started off with me waking up ahead of my alarm, with Moo no where in sight. It was cold in my room since I had turned on the fan and I'm sure she bolted once she realised the fan would not be stopping soon, since I was dead asleep. Unfortunately the clean, cool air has affected my throat and now I'm scratchy, slightly phlegmy and irritable. On top of that I had to wake up earlier than I naturally would, get ready, drag my drawing board and papers up to Chestnut and Columbus by taking two buses and walking four blocks down a steep fucking hill. I don't care if your commute takes you two hours and five transfers, I was not a happy camper yesterday morning.

Class was okay, I couldn't get in my groove, so I just kept trying and trying and started to realise that I really don't like the way that charcoal looks when it's dragged along the side. I finally had the brains to go across the street and get some harder charcoal pencils than my 4B and that helped things...just a little. I guess I have no moderation when it comes to how hard I press when I draw. Especially when it's vertical. After class, I thanked my stars that I got a locker and stuffed all my junk in there, and started walking the six blocks (four of which are uphill) towards Van Ness to take either the 47 or the 49 down to Blick. On Chestnut, between Larkin and Hyde I started realising that I was pushing against the wind, and then as I got to the top of the hill I nearly got blown off my fucking feet.
Pinpointing the wind-fuck spot.

In other news...when I got home yesterday I went and bought a camera, a cute little Olympus FE-230, and let me tell you, standing in line at customer service, waiting for my stupid refund of $20 that the sales person did NOT take off even after I asked him three times, I was like a friggin' statue waiting there for at least 20 minutes. Which doesn't make sense because Best Buy has a shit load of people working there yet there were only two people working returns and exchanges, which a line building up and one guy taken out by a very complicated return. Then I get home and it turns out it's a shitty camera and so I have to return it. Guess how long I waited for? Quite a while. And it was so fast to buy the damn thing! I'm sure they deliberately make the returns like super slow so people are less inclined to return items and just keep their shitty merchandise. Not me. I'll wait in line (and of course complain about it) if it means I don't have to keep something that I'm not even going to use and get my money back.

And what have I done since noon, when I went to Best Buy? I've actually been cleaning my room which apparently takes three hours, since I have so much shit and need to put them back in a place where I might actually be able to find them when I need them in a week or month, maybe even year. I just can't believe how much shit I have sometimes. I mean, I'm only person, why do I have all this stuff? Sometimes I wish I had a 360 degree camera just to show people the insanity that is my room.
Now I will watch Project Runway and avoid the homework that I have. Meh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah wind is poop.
I do not like the Wind.
Wind bad.
Realy Realy bad.
.
.
Poopwind!

Love you Pookie,
Will