Saturday, June 16, 2007

Taoyuan Airport

Here I am, sitting in the lounge at the Taoyuan airport, typing in my blog because I don't have much else to do. I can't read the newspapers or magazines, I'm trying to cut down on my eating (gastro-intestinal issues i.e. I've been super full for days, but I can't stop eating) so I simply can't gorge myself to pass the time. So I'm on my computer, plugged into the internet, and I thought I'd say a hello. I don't know why it was such a big deal to me that the airport changed it's name since last year, I had to actually look it up, and luckily (as usual) Wikipedia had the answer for me. Apparently it happened on September 6th of last year and had something to do with political hoo-ha. I saw something about "majority in Legislative Yuan" and then I stopped reading and was simply looking at words.

Oh, and another thing on my cerebrum, I'm a little annoyed at the google/blogger deal of changing the language everywhere I go. It was in Thai when I was, guess where? Thailand, and now it's in (what I assume is) Mandarin. Screen shot!
My dashboard. The picture and the abbreviated sfht are the only indicators that I'm even on my blog dash. I keep hitting cancel becuase I can't tell which is OK, because I cant remember the color co-ordination. *grumble grumble grumble*

So insanely weird how time passed so fast, I was looking at my desk while packing to make sure I had everything when I saw the crackers I took from the Taiwanese lounge on my way there, and it seemed as though it was just yesterday that I grabbed them for no reason and stuffed them in my bag. *sigh* I got a look at this paper underneath the glass of the desk I'm working on, and it says "EVA VIP Lounge" and has a bunch of screen shots. Unfortunately, it's all in Chinese so I can't read a damn thing and don't know what they're talking about. Hopefully it's not that important. *eek*

Lots of emoting today, I'm feeling particularly hyper, and I'm not really sure what to do with that energy. I wonder if it's because I need to pee. Unfortunately I don't want to leave my stuff here to go pee because who knows what might happen. Someone might slip a bomb or drugs into my bag just like the customs people keep warning about, and then I'll have to say that "Yes, I did leave my bag alone for a little while, but I really had to goooo." Doubt they'll listen. Then they'll check my bags. And find nothing. Because when I travel I'm incredibily boring and don't like carrying more than whats neccessary. I still have another hour before my flight starts boarding, and I really don't want to buy anything. On my way to BKK I bought some Ferragamo perfume, my first on-plane, duty-free purchase ever, and the first time in eight years that I have actually bought perfume that wasn't body spray. It smells nice, kind of like a fruit salad, kind of like pomegranate...I think. Some sort of citrusy and tangy fruit. Now that I think about it, it's a little weird that I smell like fruit salad right? I mean. Will I make people hungry? Will bums on SF streets come up to me salivating and try to take a bite? Remember that perfume from Cyprus that made animal hump constantly because it was made from the reproductive glands of some animal? I think that was in a Sugar magazine some time in Y9.

Typing the word eight reminds me of another story (oh there's going to be ALOT of digressions in this post, I assure you), I was typing an invoice for my dad and type fourty instead of forty. My dad thought it was hilarious that I went from K-12 at an international school, college and half my masters and didn't know how to spell forty. I reasoned that I was taught to only spell out words below 10 and those higher should be numbers, so I hardly ever saw the word forty, but less needed to spell it. No go. He got this weird smile on his face that I assumed was part amusement and part "Oh my God my child is a moron."

That's it for now, let's see if I can mess/play around with the layout of the blog. Or do something interesting with photoshop...

3 comments:

kcworks said...

hey there asha..know what you mean about the language change..lol cant read thai either so im second guessing everything i click...thank god for photographic memory, so even if i dont remember, back there in my head somewhere it clicks on the right button haha...oh btw was that the perfume you were wearing when we hung out? nope no fruit salad like smells there...it smells tropical...hope you had a good loooooonnnnggg flight lol

Asha said...

Thanks for the sympathy Keza, although your photographic memory has now made me envious. The perfume was Salvatore Ferragamo's "Incanto: Shine"... Was wonderful seeing you by the way!

Anonymous said...

but u went to a brit school so fourty is correct. and he's indian and should be using brit english anyway.... am i going crazy? someone is.