Monday, June 04, 2007

Day Three (Continued)

Inspired by Yoni's blog, I decided to take some candid photos while Maya and I were out looking around Bangkok. First stop: Central World for a peruse at the new mall.

The open area outside Central World that used to house a huge beer garden but now houses at least three different fountains that no one looks at.

Maya posing in the grand (and useless) hallway that overlooks the aforementioned mall.

Maya quells her craving for pad-see-ew, whilst my craving also sits in the photo, po-pia-tod.

Milk green tea and gateow-laad-naa.

Now I've got to take a break and explain the next few pictures with a reference picture. The first picture is one of Maya's brother Yonaton, looking much more demure than either one of us has ever seen him, sitting in his swing chair in China, sipping on a drink. I was so amazed by this picture that I not only commented on it (miss spelling at least two words), but also regaled Maya with the tale of how her brother looks so incredibly submissive while enjoying his drink. Hence the phrase "Doing a Yoni" was born and wildly used. Of course, by the time the tale reached Maya, I had pumped it up quite a bit, not only in speech form, but in my mind, so when I finally got around to showing her the picture (after we had taken our respective tribute pictures), we realised we had taken it that next step past the original Yonster.


Yoni getting his Yoni on.

Maya doing a Yoni.


Me doing a Yoni, I'm not sure why I look scared, I assume its because it was my attempt at looking cute, which is very hard for me to do and of course, hopeless backfired.

Me trying a hand at "being spastic" as Maya put it, in the middle of the Central World atrium. I look like a damn linebacker with those shoulders.

And the finishing touch, looking up at the elevator shafts in the atrium.

So the verdict is: Central World is quite the crapper. Mostly because it's boring, it's not even finished and no one wants to lease there because they've all gone else where by now. Central World simply shot its load a little too late. Oh well, more tomorrow.

2 comments:

yoni said...

Doing a Yoni? Hrm.

Anyway, I thought Central World was pretty cool. I like the food courts. As for shops, well, I never use malls for shopping anyway, just for walking around, watching movies and eating.

Anonymous said...

i like your spastic shot.. .lots!
go eat that som tum at siam i was telling u about!!!