Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Care Bears!

This whole thing started with me buying a waterbottle.

Not just any waterbottle, but a Camelbak flip straw bottle with an "integrated handle". I can't believe how much water I've been drinking since I got it, at least a litre a day! Which I guess doesn't sound like much to you "regular" water drinkers, but unbeknownst to you, I don't regularly drink water during the day (or night) and if I ever do drink water in any volume larger than a sip, I usually feel sick. Well this bottle has revolutionized my life! Do I sound enough like an infomercial yet?

Oh yeah, back to the story.

I've been trying to find something to "accessorise" my bottle, my name, a sticker, anything really. So I went to one of those sticker cutting kiosk and after much perusing, I decided against it, since I didn't think the kiosk-keeper was too friendly, and I couldn't find anything I liked.

Fast-forward two days at Me'N'Ed's Pizza, I see the sticker vending machine has Care Bear stickers! So I pawn 50 cents off of W and buy one. I got "Wish Bear", although my bear is blue, it has the same symbol on his belly, so it must be the right one.

So now that little bugger's on my bottle, wrestling with a star who's trying to lick his face (I'll try and get an image later), but then W and I were talking, and we started discussing the Care Bears, and what exactly comes out of their symbols when they point them. Now let me enlighten you with this. I watched this one CB movie endlessly. ENDLESSLY. That movie, Three Caballeros and one other (can't remember) were my absolute favorite throughout my childhood.

So I got home and went on Youtube. And guess what I found? The movie "Care Bears II: The Next Generation" split up into 10 minute segments, all there. I've watched the first three parts, still getting through the rest, but I can't believe how I can still sing along to the songs, and how weird some of this movie is. Still fun, still cute, but definately weirder than I remember.
Probably my age-addled tainted brain.

No comments: