Monday, March 19, 2007

My daily web routine...

So...I have:

1. Noticed that I start alot of my posts with "So" and,
2. Noticed that when I can't perform my normal web routine, I get a little irritable.

It goes a little something like this:

I open up I.E. v.7 (which I have so learned to love), open up favorites and have broken down my "Daily Views" folder into these catagories:

-Comics
-Gossip
-Miscellaneous

I was going to type out all the websites that I visit, but then I realised that I can't remember them, which is why I'm posting to begin with! I can't do the routine because there are quite a few websites and dailies that I read and unfortunately I only remember the main ones, not the other ones that really round out the experience. I can't believe I was going to document all the websites I go to for your viewing pleasure, not because any of them are dirty or disturbing (although, some of those gossip sites are questionable), but because it truely shows how incredibly anal I am about some things, especially since I was planning to categorize.

Speaking of IE and of course Microsoft, let's talk about Vista! I got a brochure on it while browsing around Target, and they do seem to have alot of versions of it, more than XP, four to be exact (although W scared me while we were perusing when he said they had 9, which I totally believed since everyone is making such a big hoo-ha of it, like Penny Arcade:

Clickity click to actually be able to read it.

So there's four, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate. I'm not sure I see the point in Home Basic. I'm looking at the handy-dandy grid they have in the brochure and it looks like basic sucks ass. It's got "Instant search" and IE7 (which I have, on my xp, wtf) I mean, yeah, yeah, it costs $60 less than Premium, but there's a reason! There's a reason why I spend $8.99 on a burger at Red Robin as opposed to $4.49 at Burger King, because RR tastes better, feels better and looks a hell of alot better than BK, and I probably won't be on the floor, clutching my gut, wondering why the world hates me (unless I ate too many of those RR steak fries..mmm steak fries, but that's more me than the food). I have XP Pro on my laptop because AutoCAD doesn't run on XP Home, and I found out the hard way. I bought home when I bought my desktop first semester at Fresno State, then second semester got CAD and wondered why it wouldn't fucking work.

So the price hikes go as follows for the different faces of Vista Upgrades are $100, $160, $200, $260. The regular Vista's are as follows: $200, $240, $300, $400. Ouch.

In case you're wondering what the difference between upgrade and regular is, upgrade is when you have a lesser system and what the to -huh- upgrade it, and regular is when you have no system at all and are starting from scratch. And upgrade is like sprinkles on your ice cream scoop, if there's no scoop there to upgrade on, you've just got sprinkles in a cup.

I just checked on bestbuy.com, XP is going for: Home Upgrade $100, Pro Upgrade $200, Home $200, Pro $300.

You can't see this, but I went back and edited that last part of the post because I thought I had a point when I said that Vistas were going from $100 - $260, when those were actually the UPGRADES. I should really read more when I research for blog posts. Anyway, when I had that point, XP was pretty comprable, now, XP is cheaper, and in about 6 months, defunct. And you would think that as long as people are using XP, Microsoft needs to have support teams that cater to it, and all this great stuff for XP instead of their new baby Vista, but I remember when I bought a cell phone and six months later when I went in with a problem, I was told that they don't handle models "that old", while looking at it as though it were shit on the sidewalk.

And I just had to add the word "farting" into my cell phone dictionary for quick texting, because it's an integral word in my vocabulary and texting about farting is pretty much how I roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, i would have found your blog quite perplexing had you not texted me today with the word "farting"....