Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Random Thoughts...

Okay! Enough with the Care Bears and the Caballeros, I'm done with childhoodness and soooo ready to bitch about the hear and now! And maybe the yesterday.

What is with (say it with a Seinfeld voice, say it) the MUNI? Yesterday I had the weirdest experience. I had just left school and was half a block away from the bus stop and like always I'm walking down there just KNOWING that the bus will pull out a minute before I get there, because that's what always happens and then I'm stuck waiting at a cold, blustery bus stop for half an hour. Well not this time! I ran down the street to the corner and practically jumped in front of the bus to stop it from moving (driver wasn't even looking at me), ran on the bus, paid my fee and slowly weaved from side to side to a seat. My weaving is courtesy of the bus driver making a left turn at record speed. I'm not at the weird part yet, that's about twenty five minutes away. So we're chuggin' along pretty fast, which is great, I love the fast drivers, because they go -duh- fast and so I get home faster, and I'm sitting there happy because I got off class early so that in combination with driver-fasty-pants, I was going to get home after a long, shitty day and chill for a long time before going to sleep. Sweet!

The weirdness happened when we pulled out from the Post St stop, our driver was going slow as a snail on pot! I didn't have a clue what the deal was. Before Post, he's barely even let people get through the door before he slammed them shut on people's asses, and now he's waiting at the bus stop for nonexistant people to board! And then he's going 10 miles an hour, with NOBODY in front of him, waiting for the traffic light to turn red so he can stop and wait some more. UGH, I was so confounded and frustrated, I didn't have words to describe. It must be the tailgater in me. Anyway, I figured it was one of two options, either: He was going to fast in the beginning, therefore was off schedule and was trying to make up for it by going slow OR he wanted to pick someone up at a certain stop and had to make sure he got there in time. The second I almost believed because as soon as we turned onto Mission, he was going normal speed again, next stop, he picks up three guys that smile at him "familiarly". Except those three guys got off three blocks later. wtf.

I don't know, and you know what else I don't know about? It's practically a full day later and I'm still wondering about this. I think I might be borderline OCD.

I'm now eating the rest of the fried rice I made for lunch as a "mid afternoon" snack and I'm noticing that my jaw is more fucked up than it usually is. Two years ago, I was in class and climbed up onto some cabinets to open a window because it was getting too warm in our classroom. Well clumsy me, slipped when I stepped up and full on fell and hit my jaw on the cabinets, and since then I've had jaw issues where my jaw will misalign and I have to move it back in place so I can chew on food. When I went to see the doctor about it, he said I would probably need physical therapy so I would know how to properly chew so my jaw wouldn't realign, but of course I never went and now I'm probably doing more harm than good when everytime I open my mouth.

Oh oh, and today, this is great, I was doing some aerobic exercises (in my sad attempt to lose weight) and I nearly blacked out. Yeah. I'm healthy like that. I was doing the "level II" workout, which is twice and long and quite a bit harder than level I and halfway through I really needed some water so I took a long sip, and then...I could feel my heart beat in my throat, which I've never felt unless I've done some extreme exercising, so I thought maybe I should calm down for a little bit, stopped moving, kept breathing, and the heart beat got stronger and faster, so I lay down. BAD IDEA. Dear GOD where did this headache come from? It felt like I had a blood clot in my brain that was just stuck somewhere in the middle and just pulsating. So imagine me, on the floor, rolling from side to side, trying to figure out whether I'm going to die from a brain aneurism on the floor in my sports bra and sweatpants, mean while Debbie the workout instructor is still playing on the TV, telling me that I've just gotta do eight more reps.

I seriously thought I was going to die.

Then the pain ebbed away, and I sat up, turned off the TV and contemplated what the hell just happened. Then I took a shower and ate some fried rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's called dehydration... drink fluids before, during and after!