Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Favorite Childhood Movies

Okay I obviously have nothing else to do today, this is my third post, because I figured out what the other movie was that I loved so much as a child. I watched "Snoopy Come Home" so often that the tape in the VHS ripped and I haven't watched it since. One of the biggest references I've seen was in Family Guy when Brian gets kicked out of the New Yorker Office and the "NO DOGS ALLOWED" line is sung like in this movie. So going back on YouTube to look for clips, I watch a few and realise how incredibly depressing this movie is, from Lila's "Do You Remember Me" song to when Snoopy leaves and Charlie Brown's singing "It Changes". I don't know how I could stand watching this as the kid.

A not so depressing musical clip:

3 comments:

Subliminal Transmission said...

Man, brings back memories. I used to watch so much of Snoopy too. Snooooooopy Snoooooooopy come home, come home..

One of my favourite episodes was also the NO DOGS ALLOWED one. I used to love the sound of Snoopy's laugh when he's reading the book that got him kicked out of the library.. hehe. Also good was the Easter egg one. Remember that episode?

If you recall, last year I bought 2 boxsets of the Peanut Gang. But unfortunately, the NO DOGS ALLOWED episode wasn't included. So yea, another incentive for you to come over to visit me in Melbourne eh? hehe and don't forget, there's also TinTin boxset :)

Asha said...

I just couldn't help myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxXAwBRuVo

Subliminal Transmission said...

hehe thanks Asha.