Sunday, July 29, 2007

Projects!

So I've been feeling very "cluttered" lately. Just alot going on and alot of stuff in my room that I always see since I have open shelves. I usually get it to a state where I'm comfortable and then I have to add something else and then suddenly my room's super messy again (or maybe it's because I don't ever put anything away).

Anyway, I finally got around to thinking up a project that was feasible and I already had the materials so I didn't need to go buy anything. We had two 9' long 1"x4" planks. So I started measuring the wall above my desk and figured out that a 4' long shallow shelf would work, so I cut one plank twice with my roomate's circular saw and got his drill and started to work.

First figured out where I wanted it, levelled it and marked it. Then hammered a nail into the center to keep it up while I screwed in the ends. Then put the actual shelf part on and had to wrestle with the damn thing because the wood bowed up a little in the middle, so there was alot of screwing in, then unscrewing and then quickly screwing back in to get a flush joint. Unfortunately the joint still isn't flush to I hammered a nail into a gap as a shimmy until I get a small bracket to level out the shelf since it kind of tilts down towards the front.

The best part about this shelf is that it gets alot of the crap off my desk, so now I just have a pile of papers and my laptop.

Moo investigates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work pookie, looks nice.