Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Biiiikram

Do you know what Bikram yoga is? Did you know there's tons all over the world? Including one in Thailand on Silom road. So what is it? Imagine doing yoga in hell. That's close enough.

They have a huge heater which they turn on before class begins, and you through a ton of yoga positions and basically realise that you have more sweat pores than you ever though possible. Honestly, a classmate told me about it and I was excited because my mom had completely hyped it up while I was in Thailand, but being a person that hasn't exercised in ages and hasn't done yoga in maybe ten years, I was definitely the definition of a Bikram n00b.

I have this weird thing where I can't drink water when I'm exercising because it makes me want to puke, but I was actually dripping sweat, so I figured I had to replenish. Bad idea, the combination of heat and water made me want to puke, I had to leave the room. Didn't end up puking but after almost ten minutes I went back in, and went slowly. Stand up, position, lie down, position, stand up, hands up, head back...oh oh why can't I see? A few seconds later I'm okay again, but going even slower. I realise I probably pushed myself much farther than I was supposed to, but I'm so weird in that I must be the best at everything. Unfortunately I was surrounded by yoga pros so I was lucky to even be called the worst.

I will probably go back again today. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

More stories later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds incredibly stinky

Asha said...

OH...it totally was. The yoga room reeeeeeked of built up old sweat, not pleasurable.