Friday, July 06, 2007

Frick Frack

Today I was riding the first of two buses to class at 7:30 in the morning when I realised how completely superficial and materialistic my last post was. Mostly because I saw someone with a Macy's bag and realised that there were a whole plethera of malls that I didn't hit yesterday, which is probably a good thing. It's so weird that sometimes I'm what I would classify as "normal" and other times I'm extremes of different personalities, e.g. yesterday when I thought that getting a big bag from a store because of a big purchase was tantamount to say, giving birth. Yeah. I'm good like that.

In other news, it was nice and sunny, a little less chilly than usual when I stepped out of my apartment this morning, so I decided not to take a coat with me, just me, my tank and an overshirt. Bad idea. If there's one thing I must pass on to the masses who read this blog (i.e. William), it's that it can be wonderfully sunny right outside my apartment, but it's fuck cold where my class is. I didn't notice until I was waiting for the 41 to go down Union, because especially on a day like today, I refuse to climb uphill for six blocks on Chestnut so I can be sweaty and stinky in time for class. I was most definitely freezing something off this morning, and when I finally got to the coffee shop across the street from school I ran in there, bounced from foot to foot waiting for my turn, ordered my coffee and welcomed it's warmth into my hands. I mean the coffee cup, not the coffee.

Another thing I noticed this morning (this is what happens when I wake up early, lots of noticings) is that the 41 is probably the preppiest and nicest smelling bus in the city (at least compared to the ones I've been on), I'm sure it's because it's filled with people going into the financial district, so they're all wearing suits, did their hair, showered this morning and probably put on some colonge/perfume. It's just weird when I'm used to seeing bum or tourist-filled MUNI buses and this is the one bus that's filled to the hilt with all the clean "business" people. The worst/best part was that the 41 goes up this big hill, and so the first few block eastbound are at a 45 degree angle, causing alot of shuffling because people can't quite keep their balance, so lots of clacking of the high heels and dress shoes, which I guess is a pain in the ass for them, but a little (just a teeny) bit funny for me, which I'm sure would not be the case had I been in the heels and not the super-traction sneakers I was in. Clickity clack!

No comments: