Saturday, January 27, 2007

TABLE!

You know, I'm such a bag, furniture and uncomfortable shoe addict. Well, I've semi-banned myself from bag and shoe shopping so all that's left is furniture. So I bought a nice little table that's super shallow and long so I can sit and work comfortably at it on my laptop and on paper. Compared to my old clunker that bought when I first moved here because I seriously needed something to work on, sitting cross legged on the floor was killing my already 80 year old back, take a gander:
The definition of clunker right? Had a lot of storage space though, but it was made for a desk top, monitor on elevated platform, keyboard of huge movable platform, which totally didn't work for my laptop, and I wasn't going to shell out another $60 for a new keyboard, usb hub and a converter from circular keyboard plug to usb outlet. So had this behemoth for six months, finally got rid of it on craigslist (cue angelic heaven music) and bought:


Booyah! You probably can't see it because I didn't use the flash and it's blurry and there's a bunch of junk underneath it because all the stuff I stored in the old desk had to go somewhere. But yeah, a little drawer thing to store all my junk (who knew I had that much computer junk), maybe a bedside table instead of my file box, and I'm pretty much good to go. I'm still trying to find out what "style" this table is, they listed it as a Parsons table at the thrift store, so not, and my interior design books help me squat.

And so I leave you with a picture of Moo, in her new window ledge/spot/bed, that she has finally gotten used to, and climbs up there all on her own now! She loves watching the birds fly by and the traffic crawl along the 101. Doncha love the grey sky? Haven't had too much sunny weather in the past few days. Grrr.

No comments: