Thursday, January 18, 2007

Full service shopping...

I'm supposed to be working on my online class, reading the lecture, taking part in the discussions, blah blah blah, but all I can think about is the full service shopping that took place on Tuesday in a store at Westfield Mall. I honestly have never been to a store where they actually care who you are, and take care of you while you shop. I walked into Forth & Towne because the window said "Sale" on it, and being the cheapie that I am, I couldn't afford not to at least check out this sale, plus I was desparate to find a dress. I had gone to numerous stores, Anthropologie, H&M, MNG, Borders (okay Borders doesn't have clothes, but it's a store and I had a coupon) and I had come up with nothing but a skirt that I defininitely could not wear to a wedding.

So in I shuffled into this huge bright store, not sure what I was in for, and started perusing (the only word to use), saw alot of people working there, dressed very nice, and one older man in a full suit walking around with a woman telling her that they really didn't have coats anymore since it's almost Spring and would she be interested in something else? On I went and some of the stuff was a little "mature lady", but some of the stuff was interesting, and I picked up a dress to try on. There's this huge cylinder in the middle of the store that turned out to be the changing rooms, as I walked towards the entrance, one, then two people started walking towards me as if to help me, one of them being the aforementioned man who seemed to have seniority because the other lady stopped short, stared at him and backed up to what she was doing.

In he took me into the "changing room area" and another lady popped out of no where and asked me if I wanted a bottle of water while I tried on my clothes. The man put my clothes in a changing room, smiled and walked away, while the other lady asked me what I was looking for. I replied a dress, for a wedding, no black, not too revealing and had to hit me at the knee, no higher, no lower. I tried on the dress I picked out, and ooh, no this won't work, too much boob, you could see my bra from basically every angle, and I do not go braless for any reason and do not have any of those specially designed bras for these kinds of dresses, I hardly wear dresses, why buy a $60 bra to wear once a year? So it was out, I heard a knock at my door and there was the changing room assistant with three other dresses, I only wanted to try one of them, so I did, and it was the one, wine colored, with an empire waist satin sash and hit me right at the knee, I opened to door the find her hovering outside, told her I wanted it and of we went to the cashier where she handed me off to someone else.

Okay, this is where I got realy happy. The original tag price was $148, then it got marked down to $74.99, then to $59.99. I could deal with a sale dress at $60, but when she priced it, it was $37.99. Woohoo. Cheap dress, happy me.

Oh yeah, and during that day I bought a CD and now I realise how much I like happy French music.

No comments: