Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sewing Project!

So on Thursday we all hopped in truck and headed over to Ikea for my sister and broinlaw to buy a bed and for me to buy window coverings, something to put on my huge blank bedroom wall and anything else I find.

Well turns out I wasn't going to pay $60 for curtains I had to iron on the stupid things that you put the rod through to hang them, I should probably know the name for that stupid stupid thing, being an I.D. student and all, but I honestly can't be bothered to think or look it up. Figure it out people. Anyway, way overpriced, not at all cute, I was not having it, so I walked over to the fabric section and found some fabrics that I really like and ended up buying three yards of one fabric, and a yard each other three others, so I could make my own damn curtains for nothing. I thought they were pretty damn cute:




I ended up using the blue one for my curtains and they turned out as such:

I'm pretty proud of them, I did one edge on each panel in hemming tape, then ran out of it so did the other edges by hand, which took forever because I had to split it up over two days, I'm so not used to sewing and I really need to get a sewing machine. I did a really open hand stitch so that if I ever joined the local sewing place (Stitch Lounge) or actually bought a sewing machine, I could take the stitching out really easily and do it again.

And the whole time I was sewing the damn thing Moo was seriously getting into getting up my ass by attacking the cloth, or chewing up the thread, even jumping on me if the thread moved on my lap. Nothing's funner than having your cat attack (with claws no less) while you're trying to concentrate on not poking yourself with a huge ass needle.

Moo trying to lay claim on my damn curtain.

No comments: