Saturday, January 20, 2007

Panoramas

So last semester I had a spa/resort/b&b project on this stupid super steep hill (real life situations suck by the way) and we were supposed to go to the site in Inverness, CA (over and hour north of SF) as a class, but I wasn't going to make it to that class the day they were going, it was W's birthday and right before Thanksgiving, so I got permission to go on my own. Turns out the class didn't go anyway, but I saw some crazy things (like a cue of 20 cows running along the side of a steep mountain because it was feeding time) and got some great pictures, the main ones being the panoramic views of Tomales bay from the west peninsula. Take a gander:




By the way, I took these pictures the old fashioned way by standing in a stop and rotating my body, snapping shots as I move, coming home and putting them in photoshop and syncing them up, so that should explain the light patches or when the ripples in the water don't match up. I'm really starting to realise that my crappy Coolpix 3100 is actually a damn good camera. Even if I overpaid for it.

2 comments:

nabeel said...

Those are utterly beautiful. Have you seen that option in the recent Photoshop to 'stitch' up photos? It doesn't always work perfectly but it's a cool feature for panoramas.

Here's what I and my brother tried in Pattaya. Admittedly not as cool but
http://www.slowdays.org/files/pictures/vrap/panorama.jpg

Asha said...

Thanks for the tip Nabeel, it's a nice option to have for sure, it usually doesn't take too long for me to do it, I just match up the pics and use different opacities of eraser to get a smoother effect, I'll be sure to look for the stitch option though.