Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hardeeharhar

So I guess I haven't blogged in a while (by my standards), but I've been stressed, had class, and have a pained belly-perfect excuses!

So I wrote that previous sentence a week ago and pretty much haven't logged into blog to post anything since. It is now Wednesday, April 18th, 11:31AM and I have so far accomplished: Not much. I ate breakfast, showered, checked all my daily online stuff (myspace, facebook, comics, emails, etc.) and called my health insurance to see why the hell they're telling me I have to pay an additonal $31 on top of the $40 I paid for my annual exam THAT I HAD IN JANUARY. Ugh. So in an effort to get my "creative juices" flowing (gross, oh I am SO 12 years old), I put on some classical music, unfortunately I think I just put on the music from the Nutcracker. I just slipped in the stupid Tschaichovsky CD I had, okay, let's try Bach. This morning when I woke up, my roommate had one of the public access channels on and they were playing classical piano music, and it was really nice to wake up to. So add to 'to do' list: Get classical piano music.

Okay, Bach's on...it's...nice. Well actually it's okay, it's a full on orchestra. I guess I was looking for something a little more simple like the music I heard this morning. Let's give Pandora.com a try. Except I have to find an example of what I want...shit, okay onto Amazon.com to look for classical music. Shit they're playing my other radio station "Oscar Peterson" and it's 'How High the Moon' and let me tell you, Bach and Peterson do not make a lovely pair. Plus I the Bach music is making me picture the main hall of a castle, with a lyre playing the lute. Okay, no to Bach then. Luckily I don't remember ever buying these, they were just laying around my house (in BKK) and I brought them to the states with me.

Okaay, "Most Relaxing Piano Album in the World...Ever!" lets give you a try. No no no, you're way too relaxed, I definitely want to fall asleep listening to you. The goal is to WORK, not sleep. Let's try "Ultimate Classical Piano"...Oh, oh this is nice, okay who are you? Isaac Albinez, click click click into Pandora.com aaaaand....no. Okay, let's try a different approach, let's do songs.

Okay that didn't work out so well, they didn't even recognise Fryderyk Chopin, so I'm thinking this is a lost cause. Whatever, it's half an hour later and I have accomplished nothing as far as work. And I wonder how I never get any work done in a day. Guess I should go buy that birthday card and nail polish remover before it gets dark.

Meanwhile I have all the windows open to air out the apartment and Moo is having an absolute fit because it's too cold. She is currently hiding under my bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so i read what you type on your blog and I'm like so, um, why isn't this abought me?
-W-

Asha said...

I was griping, do you want me to gripe about you? Becuase I will buddy, I WILL! Love you!

Candidette said...

You know what's good? World's Greatest Opera Moments. That will pizazz your day up without even trying. It's got everything from La Traviata to Carmen to Tosca. Nothing like walking to work with Carmens "L'amor est un oiseau rebel" only to be questioned by the barrista at your local coffee fix joint.