Friday, April 20, 2007

Oy-yoy-yoy! My feetsies!

So let me start from the beginning. This morning was the second day of my visit from Aunt Flo and I was NOT a happy camper. But I had two overdue books sitting in my locker at Northpoint and I HAD to get them to the library today, or incur the wrath of the librarians! I already had 25 cents in late fees, I didn't need more. So I slowly got ready, had a breakfast of cereal and half a banana. Technically it was still breakfast, it was before noon (11 o'clock) and my first meal of the day. Then I took the bus to Northpoint, puttered around printing out stuff, organising, realised that I didn't draw as much as I needed to last night on my lighting plan, and shit, all my stuff is disorganised. Fuck this, I'm gonna clean up this mess and move on. Took the F-line to New Montgomery, walked down to the library, returned my books, puttered (as I do best) and then went downstairs for a gyro. By now it's two and I'm starving. The gyro's good, the fries are amazing and the Sunkist just finishes it off. Unfortunately I did the very silly, very Asha thing of eating too much, and I lurch out clutching my stomach, not hungry anymore, but in a little bit of pain.

Now at this point I should explain why I didn't just up and go home right after the gyro incident. I had discussed with a few friends about going out to dinner, and then a movie was brought up, why, sure! Well, sent out an email, got a few replies, one had to drop out, the other was having dinner with other friends, so it was decided we would postpone the dinner to a later date. The movie? Looked up times, 5:05 showing, texted the two left standing (T.L.S.) and then walked over to Westfield for retail therapy. Now let me tell you two wonderfully delightful facts: 1. Cell phone reception for me at Westfield is shit. For some reason there is a T-mobile forcefield around that shopping mall and whenever I walk through the glass doors, my bars go from six, to one, to nil. 2. Window shopping is damn depressing when you're in a frugal bitch with cramps. So get a call from one of the T.L.S. who agrees to the five o'clock showing. I call the seconf of the T.L.S. and she wonders if we can push it back to the next showing. A very reasonable suggestion, but me being the menstrual hag that I am at that very point, say I probably will be weeping in pain by that point, so I don't think so. Okay, whole thing gets scrapped, let's try some other time.

Now, it's not that I'm frustrated with them, at this point I'm so frustrated with the fact that: A. I have my period. B. I can't organise a DINNER AND A MOVIE worth a shit. C. Organising it cutting it very close to corralling, and I have a new found respect for my high school friends who did this all the time, meanwhile I was the brick-shaped cow being corralled. So I leave Westfield, pissed that I didn't find the cheap candles that I wanted ($32 for a candle?! Are you shitting me? It's smelly wax!) and I start walking towards Fifth, see that I'm not going to make the 14 that will take me home, so I decide that I'm going to just walk home. Oddly enough, as I'm walking block after block, I realise that I am actually meeting the 14 at each bus stop, but as stubborn and frustrated as I am at this time, I keep going. Until about Seventh when the 14 whizzes right by me and on into oblivion. Damn.

I reach 9th and decide to cross the street and start walking towards Howard. And then realise that the direction I'm heading is the same direction as the Nordstrom Rack that I have never gotten the chance to go to. Since June, I have wanted to because I have been gagging to get a new pair of shoes, but of course, being the aforemention frugalist that I am, I won't pay full price, so I end up going to the Rack because my love vs. hate relationship with Ross has boiled to the point that I now hate, hate, hate it. Anyway, the ol' reliable rack granted me a cute pair of Sugar shoes that I'm definitely going to have to break in, but I'm happy so...nyeh. Then I walked home, and now I'm sitting here with very pained footpads which I shall bitch and moan about in my head. Oh and as for the map down below, it chronicals the walking I did today, since, unwalker that I am, was a major accomplishment for me. Adios!


Click to see the actual map.

Note: I just realised that this is my 100th post! *Cue Madonna music*

"Celebra-ate! Holiday! It would be so nice..."

Woo-hoo, just goes to show, if you create a blog, and you have a grumpy enough personality, and you perservere to gripe to the world, you can do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so which little blue peg is home? :-)