Saturday, April 07, 2007

I Guess Other People Are Partying...

It's 3:39AM on a Saturday morning. I'm awake only because and hour ago I woke up with a headache and wasn't able to find a comfortable position to sleep in and was too frustrated with having a headache to sleep. So I massaged my skull. I rolled over. I tossed off my comforter. I used one pillow. Then two pillows. Then no pillows. Still I was unable to get to sleep. I finally gave in and took a painkiller that I was given for severe back pain last year, and I think the headache is slowly ebbing away as we speak *knock on some damn hard wood*.

The only good thing about being awake at this time is that most of the channels that I usually watch on T.V. are running infomercials, which -unless deal with exercise- are some of my favorite things to watch when I can't get to sleep. For whatever reason, it just reminds me of back in the day when I used to come visit the states and I'd be so enamored with U.S. television because it was so much more interesting than IBC (remember when it was called that?)

I'm a little over the Magic Bullet, they seem to run that one pretty often, but I still love watching the Miracle Blade with "Chef Tony" who is the classic Italian chef. You know those cartoons of Italian chefs? With the pudginess, the thick black mustache and the tall chef's hat? If that was a police sketch and you saw Chef Tony you'd pretty much say "That's your perpetratin' ho right there officer." Which is obviously just how you roll, right? I've been watching way too much I Love New York.

I can't believe I watch this show, it's all completely staged, and NY is just too over the top, but still, I'm drawn to the horrible VH1 find-me-love "reality" shows. An hour ago I caught the last five minutes of the finale, and it was just too horrible for words. It makes me glad I didn't watch it when it first premiered on Monday night so they can't use my view as a vote for ratings. Right now I've got the Eukanuba Dog Show on and I THINK I'm looking a black cocker spaniel, but I honestly have no clue because all I see is black bell bottom legs and a small black body. WHERE IS THE HEAD? That scared the shit out of me because it seriously has the smallest head I've ever seen on a dog with that size body. Stupid show dogs and their blow dried poof-hair. It's honestly very disorienting. I wonder if anything else is on...and if I can get to sleep now...and why that dog runs in such a weird hippity-hoppity way. G'night!

No comments: