Thursday, May 24, 2007

The sun'll come ooooouuuut, tomorrow!

Actually, it came out today as I was waking up at five in the morning. Partly from jetlag and partly because I was so nervous about my visa appointment today. Honestly, from six a.m. (when my brain actually began functioning) to let's say...11 a.m., I was the biggest ball of nerves I have ever been.

But before I regale you with details of my morning (which I'm sure you're curious about), let me say that my last post was, less than efficacious (woohoo thesaurus), but things are better now, and hopefully they will be for the remainder of my stay here. In my mind, I am free to be as bitchy as I want when I'm in San Francisco, but not when I'm home with my parents.

Hmm...onto the visa stuff, I had planned to do a detailed play-by-play, and while typing it realised that it was as boring as a textbook, and written like a Rosie O' Donnell blog, cryptic and just plain weird. So let's just say, my dad wasn't allowed in, I got more nervous with every step, waited in a room for an hour for my number to called (air conditioned, thank goodness), got to the desk and the only question I was asked was "Why in the WORLD did you go to Fresno?" Loved the interviewer, good humoured guy and nice to boot. So all those nerves weren't for nothing, but it was a huge relief off my shoulders, and even though I was out of there at 9, I didn't even start relaxing until hours later.

Yesterday went to the design library at Emporium TCDC, registered (which was an oddly laborious process) and hung out there with Michelle and Golf reading and learning how to use the library. Went for ramen afterwards, which was very tastey, got the Japanesse-style ramen, burned my mouth, but still loved it. Put some pictures of the Orchid Fair on my flickr. More in a few days!

P.S.

Before I forget, I discovered this great cartoon that (for whatever reason) have fallen in love with: PUCCA!
Pucca and her love interest, Garu.
I was (of course) UBC's (or TrueVision, whatever the hell that is) cartoon channel Spark! and saw this show that has minimal dialogue, and the dialogue they did have was in English (score!). The cartoon is just really cute, the graphics are super clean and simple, which I love, and it's pretty entertaining. Unfortunately, I only watched it that one time, and have been hunting for it ever since. Damn UBC.

4 comments:

Subliminal Transmission said...

Congrats on the Visa na!! And good to hear the interview turned out good. I know what it's like.. and then you get there you realise you got so nervous for nothing. hehe. But yea, good to hear.

I wanna go Empo too!! And Golf as in Chaiwat?

Asha said...

No no no, Golf as in another guy from her school. Are you coming back to Thailand after your exams (pleeease)?

Subliminal Transmission said...

I wish na Asha. But have to stay here and start my PR application stuff. And get a few other things done. Man I miss Bangkok

Asha said...

Just as well...I think I leave Thailand the last day of your exams, so I wouldn't have seen you anyway. Alas, next time!