Sunday, May 06, 2007

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

Yes, yes, I gave in. I went to go watch Spiderman last night. And let me tell you, it was better than I thought it was going to be. But that's not really saying much since I thought it was going to be shit.

I will keep this brief, simple and hopefully spoiler-free. But I must start from the beginning, for the full experience. I came straight from school, toting my handbag AND a laptop bag, while my friend toted her tube with her rolled up plans inside. My sister's friend had saved us seats, a complete boon since I was looking at the line for the 7.50 show and let me tell you, it was a looooooo-oo-o-oong ass one, probably because it was for imax. Got in, sat down, popcorn in hand (which in my hands, kernals of course went flying when I sat down), and waited for the movie to begin. I love previews, I love watching them on this huge screen right before a movie with my mind tingling that I'm about to watch a movie IN THE THEATRE. As you may have gathered, I do not do this much. I usually say I'll watch them when they come out on DVD and rent them, but I never do. Three previews that I recall looked very good, Harry Potter (eek), Shrek 3 and Across the Universe. Eddie Izzard's in the last one, which was an instantaneous pull in, but the preview was exclusively Beatles music (love it!), Harry Potter was looking dark and surly, and looked really kick ass, which was probably just the preview, and Shrek 3...Gingerbread man shitting a marshmallow was just too good.

As for Spiderman, there were some incredibly corny parts, pretty much every "sad" and "emotional" part made me crack up, Tobey Maguire being "bad ass" was just too much nerdiness to handle, too long, too many characters and a very drawn out movie, but still good. I ended up enjoying it and it was worth going out to see. That said, I'm going to relax for the rest of my Sunday and go to sleep soon. Zzzzzzzzzz.....

No comments: