Friday, May 18, 2007

No troubles in this paradise...

*Knock on wood*

Gotta do it, even if it is superstition, I must do something to make sure that I have warded off the evil that is irony. Or just shitty luck. Can't believe how much Alanis has messed up that word for me, after all these years, I still don't really know how to use it.

So my last blog was a whopping...twelve (give or take) hours ago, and now I'm in Taipei, sitting in the First Class lounge which is a little irksome. It started when I walked of the plane, done the hall towards the transfers to go through security again, when I saw this lady waving a sign that had: VANTHA scrawled on it, figuring it wasn't a hugely popular name and the fact that none of my tickets ever have my whole full name on them since apparently those two extra characters are just to much, I walked over, told her that was my name and she directed me towards the counter. Walked up and found out that because the TPE-BKK flight was overbooked, I got bumped up to Business. Woohoo. So walked into the lounge, which has a lobby and two directions (left and right) to go, right being the regular lounge, and left being the "first class lounge". She looks at my lounge voucher and says "Due to the fact that you have a gold card and are flying business, you're going to the that lounge, bye!" Now I have to mention that just a few days ago I was telling a friend about the lounge and how I'd never seen the left lounge, I always went right, and I have tried surreptously peering down the hall to no avail, that is a very long hallway leading into the left lounge.

So I walk in, it's pretty much the same, there's a "quiet room", bathrooms, it's a little smaller, but far more empty, which is nice after being on a chock-full plane with two unhappy babies in the row in front of me. (On a side note, I have -yet again- sworn off children.) So what to do now? Taste the fare of course! I have so far gobbled down a cup of stir fried noodles, potato au gratin, a slice of bacon and a beef pot pie. Ummy. Not sure what else is there, must peruse more. A few more hours and I'll be in the big BKK! More then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH NO CHILDREN!