Thursday, January 17, 2008

En Route...

I'm feeling quite lucky right now (knock on wood, oop, first must find some wood upon which to knock) because the buttons on this blogger are in English. Sad that something so small can have such a positive effect on my mood, but 'tis reality.

Just got off the flight from BKK to TPE and it was a good flight, slept for the first hour, then woke up, watched Travel Time in San Francisco (or something like that) where two people must accomplish eight cryptic tasks within 12 hours. Pretty crazy because I couldn't figure out most of what they had to do, since the clues were so damn cryptic and I obviously know nothing about the city I currently live in. What cracked me up the most was that the continuity of the their travels didn't really make sense...they'd be in the Castro, and then suddenly when they get their next clue, be standing in Union Square and luckily could take the cable car at Powell and Market (which somehow was incredibly empty, which I have never seen) up to Chinatown.

Anyway, after that, tried sitting through some of the Heartbreak Kid (for whatever sadistic reason) and really couldn't, so switched over to Zuma (I love the regional flights, it's pretty much the Singapore Airlines system, pause, play, games, all the lot), found I was pretty damn bad at Zuma with the weird handheld, and so decided to watch Across the Universe. Which is a movie I've been wanting to watch since first seeing the ad, but never got around to it. Was kind of conveluted (sp?) in the beginning, but then I got into the mood of a tiny bit of (if any) dialogue then singing, and then we started our descent, with probably minutes off the end, so they turned off the entertainment system.

Blast!

No comments: