Friday, September 28, 2007

It's Friday...

...and my living room is being overrun by ants.

They appear to be coming from the outside through the outlet we have on an exterior wall (which in and of itself is a little strange), and I woke up this morning to hear that the dining table was covered in ants this morning, which were dispatched before I stumbled from my room. The outlet has been taped up around the box a few times over, sealed as much as possible and we're hoping that the ants will stop their invasion.

In other news, a week ago I fell off my bike. I was going downhill down Bryant street on my way home from getting a backpack at Ross. Getting ready to make a left turn, I was riding down the middle between the two yellow lines separating the two directions of traffic and trying to avoid the little reflectors on the road. While doing my little cautious dance I completely underestimated how low below the road a manhole was, and when I hit it my bike jerked, I hit the front breaks, which made the front of the bike stop, but the back kept going, catapulting me over the handlebars. Luckily all I did was hyperextend my 2nd, 3rd and 4th metacarpophalangeal joints. I.E. I fucked my knuckles up good by landing on my fingers and bending them backwards too far. Other injuries? A scraped left knee and a bruise on my left thigh. It's taken me a week to post about this because I haven't been up to full typing speed up until yesterday.

And in more recent injury news, I pulled a muscle loading laundry into the car last night, which was a very strange feeling, I was lifting (without my legs, bad Asha, bad, bad, bad!) the bag into the back seat when I felt a weird sort of popping sensation in my back and immediate PAIN. Ugh, great stuff, and what i really needed right now.

Luckily I was already going to the chiropractor today, but not until the afternoon and I had a meeting in the morning, two hours sitting in the same position listening to other people talk was not my idea of a good time. At least I got free coffee, orange juice and pastries out of it.

Like I wrote on Maya's facebook today, 23 and my body's already falling apart. What the heck's happening to me?

No comments: