Monday, September 17, 2007

Ack!

Okay I almost just fell over sideways trying to reach the outlet to charge my ipod.

I guess I'm just that smart where I don't figure actually getting on the floor is a faster, less accident-prone way to get the job done.

I haven't posted in a while and there's a reason to it, I really don't have anything interesting to post. I have stuff I do at school, stuff I do at home and basically whatever happens to fall in between...which is usually me biking from home to school and back.

But I have been changing up my music selections as of late. I get these emails from Apple telling me all the "hot new music" they've got in the itunes store, and most of the email I tend to ignore, except for that little part that says "single of the week". That's when the cheapskate in me comes out, and runs, chitterchatting around the computer with glee. Because see, I've given in and decided I should (probably) pay for the music that I get, because if I like the artist enough to actually get their music, I should probably go ahead and pay them for it. Well, sometimes it's stuff I don't like, so I download the song and delete it after the first listen, but sometimes I strike gold. Like Sara Bareilles' "Love Song", just a good song to turn up and hop around the room to when you're feeling in the shitty mood. On the opposite side of the spectrum, there's Colbie Caillat's "Bubbly", who is supposedly the female version of Jack Johnson, and sorry Colbie, but that's a bit too much of a compliment to be compared to the genius of the Johnson, but that song is very good song to turn on in the car or on a bike ride on a sunny day when you're feeling particularly euphoric. And Ledisi's "Alright"? Just good grooviness.

And then there's the other stuff that I tend to play. Shamefully, I must admit that I buy those generic cheapy "Lifescape" CDs at Target that have titles like Easy Listening Guitar and Totally Maui or whatever it was called. But even I'll admit that some of them are good, like Relaxing Classical and Elegant Jazz are great because they don't have words and I can actually study to them. They provide enough background noise so that everyone else is drowned out, but no words so that I'm distracted and suddenly I'm singing to the song instead of reading about the root language of the world 'dwelling'. Stupid architectural philosophy and their massive amounts of writing and reading.

Either way, I hope all around all the time, the other thing playing on my itunes? Astrud Gilberto's "Beach Samba". Seriously classic and happy music.

No comments: