Sunday, September 09, 2007

Frickin' Frack A Rack!

Everytime I think I have a handle on my spending, I take a look at my bank account and I'm floored. Honestly, where is all this money going? $3.50 for coffee at Starbucks? I need to master making my own coffee, but then I'll have to buy a thermos to keep the coffee in so I can transport it to school, and I need to get a dandy milk steamer so that my coffee tastes as good as the one at a coffee place, and I need to find the time in the morning while I'm stumbling around to make said coffee to take in said thermos to take with me to school. And it has to be a thermos not that coffee cup type thing with a lid that people can take in their cars (which we actually already have two of) because now I'm biking to school.

Sheesh. I haven't even spent a dime on the thermos OR milk steamer and I practically feel the money floating out of my bank account. I bought a small water bottle yesterday, but wait, I can hear you thinking "But she bought a water bottle a few months ago, a handy dandy camelbak that she was so proud of..." Yes, but it's huge, and heavy when full of water, so now I have a smaller one that I'll take with me to school. What's going to happen to the big one? It'll probably sit on my desk to I make sure I get my daily water needs. What else did I spend money on this weekend?

Oh yeah, the router. And then I spent $30 at Whole Foods today on shrimp, salmon and pork loin chops. As well as two small plants (one thyme and one oregano) and some orange juice. I've decided to minimize my beef eating and start sticking to the white meat and seafood, probably better for my digestion. And then I spent an additional $10 on mini corn dogs at Smart & Final. Not a word about cholesterol, no one likes a know-it-all.

Okay seriously? I probably will back track in a few days, but I'm putting limits. No more shoes, clothes or superfluous items for at least until the end of the month. So no purchasing random impulse shit except for food until the end of September. Unless it has to do with school. Or I really need it. Again, not a word, no one like a tattler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha... well, i hope the spending decrease is going well!