Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ahhhh Taipei...

I was almost cursing myself, because when I opened up the blogger page and saw everything was in Mandarin, I had flash backs to way back when EVERYTHING on blogger was coded in Mandering so I didn't know what button I was pressing. But thankfully, the buttons are in the English, so never fear! This shall be published today!

Still no photos to shut you visual people up about my essays, sorry, they will come once I hit Thailand.

I've been here in the Taipei airport for about half and hour and I've already scarfed down a bowl of chicken & corn congee topped with shredded dry pork, a bowl of stir fried noodles and a taro bun.

Apparently I was hungry.

I got on the plane a little after 1 a.m. put my bag into overhead (I cringed when I found out my awesome bag was too big to fit under the seat in front of me), sat down, and PASSED OUT. I didn't wake up fully until 8 hours later. I vaguely remember the take off, too noisey, so I went back to sleep. I missed dinner, and there weren't any movies to watch, so I did the whole, "excuse me while I squeeze past you to get my laptop out of the overhead bin, and then squeeze back past you, all the while trying not to drop my heavy laptop on the sleeping person in front of you" thing. I want my luxuries of technology, but I also cherish my window seat.

Anyway, worked on the computer, did the whole thing again while putting back the laptop, stayed up long enough to watch 'I'm Not There', something of a Bob Dylan biopic, but because it was split up into so many characters, and I didn't have any knowledge of Bob Dylan to help me along, I was thoroughly confused.

Onto more eating.

No comments: