Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fixation

I guess it's time to admit it.

I'm obsessed with with Ina Garten, Food Network's Barefoot Contessa. Not in a "I can't stop thinking about her, I want to stalk her" sort of obsession, more the type of, I'm going to watch this episode even though I've already watched it five times, just so I can see her beautiful kitchen and garden one more time.

I mean, she's not really my type romantically, but it seems like her life is so perfect (I know, I know, grass greener blah blah blah), I mean, she married her high school sweetheart, who is dean at Yale, they live in EAST HAMPTON for fuck's sake, with this huge garden, a billion gas burners in her kitchen a huge pantry and she can make up her own recipes. Honestly, it wasn't until I saw her gorgeous garden that I realised that I want a patch of green that I can look out on and be happy, or walk through and pick flowers to arrange in the bouquet. I mean, she hardly buys flowers! She just walks out there and picks a vase-full of hydrangeas and then (being the wonderfully creative person she is) uses the leaves on her platter to add that "bit of color".

So my goal is to make enough money so W and I can have a cute house with a garden full of flowers and happiness and I can bake and have my house smell like yummy food and live happily ever after.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ina is ok... I don't mind her show. but i also love her garden! but you know who i can't STAND on food network? that skinny italian bitch. what's her name? i'm not sure, the show is "everyday italian". i just want to strangle her! and for no good reason just that annoys me. and i swear brian used to watch that show endlessly just to piss me off!