Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Knit Knit Adventures

So I finished knitting my first scarf a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to dampening and blocking it yet, so I finally buckled and did it today:

A dampened and blocked scarf

The most hilarious part is that I did the dark half first, which actually has LESS holes than the light part, which I did second. I'm blaming the yarn and am planning to fill the holes with metal beads. Thank goodness for "homemade flair". So the whole dampening thing is something I've slowly been researching, which requires dampening the piece and then "reshaping" with or without pins to make the piece be the shape you want it to be.

Attempt #2

Above is my second attempt at a scarf, it's going alot better, I haven't spotted any holes yet, and I've been sort-of paying attention to the stitch count, so it's not suddenly ballooning from 12 stitches per line to 40, like it did my first try at knitting. All in all, a pretty positive experience so far, and I have yet to throw in the needles, although I'm considering not knitting on the bus today after I was accosted by -what I suspect was- a paranoid schizophrenic who jabbed me in the back and told me that I had to put my knitting away since the metal of my needles was reflecting the light, causing some radio frequency dissapation (or something of the like) that would result in a riot.

Yeah.

I was upset at being so violently jabbed in the back, because for a second I thought she had actually punched me in the back, but tried to get over it as fast as possible. Ugh, sometimes I hate living in a big city.

No comments: