Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So I haven't posted anything through-provoking and substantial in quite a while because 1. I'm hardly in the state to provoke my own thoughts, much less other peoples' and 2. My computer's motherboard has given up.

Not much has been happening, but I do wonder how a person who I don't know, and doesn't actually have any effect on me and petrify me to point of inconvenience.

There's this lady, that stands outside Rainbow Grocery, and she asks for signatures to help with the homeless or something like that. I really, really don't like solicitors, they make me very nervous and I really don't like being pressured to contribute to something that I haven't thought through thoroughly (say that fast four times...I did, saliva EVERYWHERE). I mean, send me a pamphlet that I can read, research and make a decision on instead of visually assaulting me in public when I'm pretty much zoned out and already uncomfortable because I'm out in the wild and probably sweaty from walking around. I mean, I've got a frown on my face, and even I have to admit that I have a pretty formidably pissed off looking face when I'm zoning and not thinking of anything. It's just my natural facial expression. You'd think people would leave me alone, but no. Anyway, this lady has perfected her tone of voice so when she asks if I will take the time to sign her petition, when I say no I feel like an absolutely awful person for saying no. I know, I know, it shouldn't affect me, and I've rationalized it to the point where I'm screaming "What are you THINKING?" to myself in my head, but still, that little guilt-ridden voice comes on back in full force.

Eugh, enough complaining, I'm going to eat some mini-corn dogs.

No comments: