Friday, August 01, 2008

This Is Getting Ridiculous

So, after much testing, I've come to realize that Pandora Radio slows my computer down too much for me to play it while I'm working at school. I usually have AutoCAD, Photoshop and 3DSMax open at the same time, so I'm sure you can understand why the computer practically keels over everytime I try to change windows.

So instead of Pandora, I've taken to listening to the only radio station that works without downloading some weird program, and plays songs that I either like or are entertained by. Granted, sometimes I actually have to take the earphones off because the song is simply too corny to listen to, i.e. "I just died in your arms tonight..."

But the "this" that I'm referring to in my blog title is how enamored I am with some of the songs I hear on this radio station. Of course if I bring up how much I like certain songs, I either get the cock-head "baroo?" expression of those who have as much knowledge about 60's, 70's and 80's hits as I did pre-semester. OR I get the totally bewildered "Why are you listening to that crap"-look. The main ones that I've been singing constantly are...

Hey Jude by The Beatles c. 1968
(which totally brings tears to my eyes when everyone chimes in)


If This Is It by Huey Lewis & The News c. 1984


Fooled Around And Fell In Love by Elvin Bishop c. 1976


Baby Come Back by Player c. 1977

No comments: