Monday, February 04, 2008

I have the worst luck with shoes.

Honestly, I think out of the last six pair of shoes I've bought, two I can't wear because they destroyed my feet, one I wear so regularly that they're falling apart, one I can't wear because they just slightly too long for my feet, and therefore give me blisters, and the last two I just bought today and yesterday, so the results remain to be seen.

I'm not sure if it's because I have weird feet or if it's because I just can't pick the right kind of shoe for my wide feet. The experience that I had last Wednesday was pretty horrendous with bad results on many different levels.

I had a job interview, and decided to wear my new "sensible work" shoes, which would have been find except for the fact that I decided to walk the eight blocks to the office I was going to. By the time I got to the interview, my feet were a little sore, but nothing to freak about. Unfortunately, by the time I got home, my pinky toes were unhappy, my heels were raw, and the last knuckle on my foot were bright red.

Unfortunately I had another interview the next day, and needed to wear the same shoes, since I have no alternative.

So my solution? Walk again, wear sneakers to the interview and somehow change my shoes before I get to the office. Which would have been just fine, had it not been for the fact that the bathrooms have locks on them, and there are no private spots to sit and change my shoes. So I ended up doing it in a stairwell, hiding and with lightning-fast speed.

It's been four days since the last foray with the shoes, and my feetsies are still tender, which might be a good thing, since it made my recent purchase smarter, because my "tender points" were especially sensitive and so any shoes that would mess with those points were thrown to the side.

Enough shoe/feet talk. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

yoni said...

My life's a lot simpler - I just use one pair of shoes. They're smart/casual. Easy!

Subliminal Transmission said...

I also have problems with shoes. My right foot is bigger than my left. So with some of my shoes, the right side feels so tight!

Asha said...

Yoni - Guys have it so much easier, you can wear one pair of shoes for almost everything, it seems like people are more critical of women's shoes...

Jet - I have the EXACT same problem, and the worst part is that where I go shopping, they show one side of every shoe, which I try on, and fits great, and you have to go to a counter to get the other side, and inevitably, that one never fits properly!